Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Hate Houseflies!

We do not have near the problem with mosquitos in Saint Louis as in Houston, but the houseflies are everywhere!  They tend to drive me crazy!  Mosquitos are more prone to biting and cause itching, but at least I can sacrifice myself in order to rid the earth of one of them when they do bite me.

Houseflies on the other hand, are neurotic psycho idiotic pests that just need to be gone.  They come in the house even if the door is open for 5 seconds. They buzz all around the place, and are next to impossible to kill, and are very distracting when you are trying to study Greek!  ARGH!!!

Phew! Got that out of my system.  There is hope though in two things - 1) that winter might freeze them all and 2) that I have developed many strategies for annihilation of any fly that gets into my domain. I'll save that for another post.

For those of y'all who we were able to see last weekend at Mary's wedding - we had a blast, and wish it would have been longer.  For those of you who we did not have a chance to see - Mary's wedding was a blast, and we wish it would have been longer so that we could see y'all also!

With Christ's Love,

Matthew 

1 comment:

The Rays said...

Hey Hardaways!

Just found your blog through Concordia Blog Cabin. Housefly solution - velcro screen doors! It took us over a year to finally break down and get ours and we are a) so glad we did and b) kicking ourselves that we waited as long as we did. I guess you can get them at Walmart, though we ordered ours on line. We are so happy with them! Stop by 15D anytime if you want to see them. Take care!